Couple of days ago, I installed new version of Project Honolulu. I added few serves, but one of them reported error connecting.
Error reported WinRM connection failed.
So I tested it with PowerShell
Test-WSMan –ComputerName SERVER01.corp.loc
And yes, there was an error:
Test-WSMan : <f:WSManFault xmlns:f=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wsmanfault” Code=”2150858770″ Machine=”SOURCEPC.corp.loc”><f:Message>The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: “winrm quickconfig”. </f:Message></f:WSManFault>At line:1 char:1+ Test-WSMan –ComputerName SERVER01.corp.loc+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (aasv029.uniqa.hr:String) [Test-WSMan], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WsManError,Microsoft.WSMan.Management.TestWSManCommand
So the first step wast to run the command “winrm quickconfig” on the server, and restarted the service.
This didn’t help, so I had to figure something out.
After couple of hours of testing and configuring, I stumbled upon the Technet forum (here).
WinRM was listening on port 5985, but only on loopback (127.0.0.1) interface.
netsh http show iplisten
IP addresses present in the IP listen list:
After I deleted the problematic listener and restarted the service, WinRM started to work, and I finally got to play with Project Honolulu.
netsh http delete iplisten 127.0.0.1
Test-WSMan -ComputerName SERVER01.corp.loc
wsmid : http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/identity/1/wsmanidentity.xsd
ProtocolVersion : http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/1/wsman.xsd
ProductVendor : Microsoft Corporation
ProductVersion : OS: 0.0.0 SP: 0.0 Stack: 3.0